Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Picture this...

It's Saturday... I await my date with my boyfriend for 8:30A.M. right here at the Bodilogix. I can't wait to unleash the furry! I can't wait to put him through his paces... As a matter of fact I have dreamt up some even more "paces" to put him through... I am stoked and ready to go! "Bring on Big Dave"...

In bounds Dave like a little kid ...as excited as I am to "kick it up a notch". He's ready to get to work, I can see it in his eyes. No fear... only excitement... Dave is one of us... He is a "gym rat". Correction, we here at Bodilogix like to call ourselves "Logix-Bodies..."( The very clever Miss Tracey Llewellyn came up with that one)

Anyhow, I digress... Our man Dave disappears down the "hall of fellas" only to re-appear moments later (felt like 20 minutes apparently...) wearing his workout gear with an interesting gait that suggested he had perhaps accidentally sat on a pole... Cause that happens.

Stay with me people...

Yup...Our man Dave managed to put his back out changing his shoes. Poor Dave could hardly move let alone entertain the idea of putting in any sort of effort in the gym. Seems a horrific "tug of war" match from Dave's illustrious and colorful past is to blame for a re-occurring back spasm that leaves Dave pretty much a wet noodle for days on end.

As you all know by now injuries can and do occur and most certainly play havoc on the best of plans and of intentions. They are set backs and obstacles to get up, under, over, or around. The team of Dave and Andrea have already experienced a few but this one can be as problematic as any of the bumps encountered thus far if not more so.

My concern as Dave's trainer is that Dave not lose faith in his vision in his quest of "Project Dave". So far he hasn't wavered. He is recovering well and is back on his tootsies... We had our first sighting of Dave since he went down this past Saturday.
Today being Tuesday our man Dave did make an appearance at the Bodilogix. He went for a stroll on a treadmill I dare say for long enough to work up a formidable sweat at a sensible pace considering all things. Okay so I thought I saw a heard of turtles passing on the left but I didn't tell him.

Dave is still on pace to achieve his goal of 100 pounds lost /25 pound lost to date already and even more importantly Dave is coping brilliantly with all of the little issues as they pop-up and challenge his resolve with a great attitude. Dave is fully expecting there may be more of these moments where the body challenges us as we challenge Dave's body. I expect he will recover from this set back quicker than he ever has before any other time his back has pulled this little trick on him. I expect as well over time with appropriate strength training in place the frequency in which this injury "flares up" will become less and less til never heard from again...

I expect I will see him later on today for a Berry Blast Smoothie,and another adventure on a treadmill/ You can't keep this guy out of the gym...

Trainer Andrea

1 comment:

  1. Go DAVE and GO Girl Andrea!
    Anyone who joins the gym can also join healthy cooking classes I like to call them Cooking Classics! Man I was impressed!
    Thank you Andrea and our fabulous Chef!
    I rushed home and made the soup the next day!
    YUM!

    ReplyDelete