Monday, July 20, 2009

"Lookin Fly Big Guy..."

Well , As I write this I reflect fondly on a month of highs and Lows with my new boyfriend Dave (Mr. Delicate) Cromlish. I am myself feeling quite inspired by the change in his fitness level, and ease of movement for Dave that I myself have witnessed over these last four weeks.
It never fails to inspire me in my own convictions and life path as to the power of exercise.

Sorry guys, I gotta get "Heavy" on ya.. Gotta get this off my chest....

I have been asked numerous times over the past few weeks,,, "Aren't you worried about his health"... "isn't a man that big a real liability for you Andrea, are you sure you want to put yourself out like that"... "Isn't he a bit of a risky client to take on?" "maybe you shouldn't get involved Andrea..."

Heard them all guys... This makes me sad...

This man needs to get "healthy" point Blank !!!!
Is he going to be able to do this himself... Hasn't so far...
Could he get Medical help... Don't see the "Calvary" coming...

Options...

Yes, I will every time, I REPEAT... as I punch these keys hard... "I will every time do everything I can to teach anyone who is ready to hear the lesson how fantastic your god given biological machine is. It is the one and only one you will be dispensed... You need to know how the dam thing works and how to keep it in as best condition as you can...

This is the very definition of "Self Respect"...

Although our man Dave came to his turning point at 336lbs does that mean he should be left waving in the wind and to his fate because of the fear of Liability... medical or otherwise. Not by this conscience. Not by me. That is negligence.
Others may pay lip service and be done with such a man but I see more than 316lbs at this time. I see an interesting, educated man. I see a family man and a man with a tough job. I see a man with a big heart... I see a man that is more than worthy of our efforts.

June 22/2009
I saw a man heading down a bad road and well on his way. I saw a short road and one of discomfort, pain, disease and unhappiness.
My decision was made for me.

one month later

I see a road of physical recovery and reclamation of health and vitality. I see a man in charge of his own path. I see the very creation of "energy", vigor, and sincere smiles. I see relief, and positivity in this mans eyes where I once saw fear. I will take all slings and arrows for making this new friend.

When the folks I encounter place their fear "of what will happen to this man, won't all this exercise do him in?"I say Honey, in my humble opinion he was "done in" all ready...

Today, one month later Dave is well on his way to his own salvation. He is taking Control and taking good care of "Dave". I salute you Sir. Carry on...

Amen !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Do you know how many loyal fans you have who admire your courage to stand up and speak to the people who let fear of losing something small and monitary. For you to stand up and cheer for the man who is in every sense of the word an amazing giving MAN! A man with feelings and a heart the size of the earth! How proud I am of you to speak up on Dave's behalf. Your blog made me cry in that, all through my life I have seen over and over again people that are so willing to cast off people and limit their potential because of popularity or someone else's opinion in bringing them down for their own self righteous opinion. I applaud you and if I had to have someone on my side, it would definately be YOU! When I see what is said, I think of WWJD. He would never turn his back, you are a true example of this.
    Thank you Andrea for being so strong! I can see a huge improvement in Dave every single day. He has a drive I have never seen, since he was very young and just out of the Army.
    My heart goes to you Andrea!
    Thank you so very much!
    Love Sandy

    ReplyDelete