Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Great day at Butterball...I mean Buttersfield Park

As a Fitness Trainer I must confess I take great pride in watching my students excel...
I have been working with my "new boyfriend" Mr. Cromlish for a little over two weeks and it is so encouraging. In just that wee blink of time to see progress. Has he lost 100 pounds yet? No. What I am referring to is the difference from the first "stroll" around our route (which by the way between you and I was worrisome). No one should ever be that out of breath on a stroll like that...) to the last few strolls around our route.
The variety of exercises I have been able to throw at him over the last three workouts are blowing my socks off. All of you who are following his progress by way of the trainers blog I will tell you David is getting fitter each and everyday!!!

We are well on our way to a comprehensive basic body strengthen program sure to shape up our man Dave!!!

For those of you that hold interest let me give you a run down of the plan at present, keep in mind every day we train is different. David and I train 3 days a week. David does Cardio work the days in between our dates and takes Sundays off.
First...
We run for our lives from stray dogs in the neighbourhood. We do this for for about an hour... KIDDING...

1. We "enjoy" a brisk walk with a few stops along the way. No people, not to catch our breath, to perform "our moves".

2. David performs a total of 3 sets/ 20 repetions per set of push-ups on telephone poles and Park benches. This is one of our stops.

3. David performs 3 sets of Partial lunges, 20 reps per set, then one leg standing calf raises, and more push-ups, this is another one of our stops.

4. David has now been introduced to the "Sumo Squat" (I swear to god that is what the exercise is called...) I do however insist "No Man Diaper". 2 sets/ 20 reps

5. A walk literally "back" through the park... (we walk backwards with reasonable speed...twice), then today we "crabbed" across the park carefully displaying our posteriors to the public at large driving by. Hey, I gave him the option.. Big Dave said "Bring it on!!!". We did...

6. Finally, Superman Dave performed for the first time today an exercise called "the Plank". For those of you in the know... this is a very difficult "core" move for the general public... for Dave this is serious work... He did it twice !!!!
Our work-out is now roughly 55 minutes in duration and Dave doesn't stop... We keep his heart-rate up for that entire time with the workout listed in this blog. I am sure to "talk test" Dave through-out so as to know if we are working too hard or not hard enough...

As I said... Dave's workout is progressing nicely and I for one am excited to see where our workouts will take us...
Sure to be climbing a tree near you keep your eyes peeled for "Dave and Andrea's Excellent Adventures".

Signing off, Trainer Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Excellent, and very informative. I love reading you blog. You both make a great team together. Keep the funny blogs coming, I am so enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea...Let me introduce myself. I am Sandy the infamous sister-in-law of support!
    I am so impressed with what you are doing with Dave I am truly very excited and one of your biggest fans. My own personal living reality show! My plan is to let everyone I can, know about this site and what you both are accomplishing and doing for the community!
    The first thing I do when I come home is read Dave's blog first...laugh my ass off, then read yours in how you relate to how you precieve it went. Your blogs also make me laugh and I find this team, quite the comedic duo! I am so impressed and find myself totally entertained!
    This insite from you, keeps me realizing that Dave isn't exaggerating at all!
    I keep seeing you as the "Jillian" of the Biggest Loser with Dave as the loser....oops did I say that? I am a huge fan of that show. I am so pleased that I get to see this first hand, with someone that is so close to me, my own special Brother In Law!
    Keep up the excellent work Andrea and Dave! You can certainly shake what Momma gave ya!
    Cheers,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete