Monday, September 14, 2009

A beautiful day for a hike...

Well wasn't the weather just a gift yesterday... that was Sunday for those on the time delay reading this fine blog.

As part of our on going devotion to embracing a healthy active lifestyle I had suggested to big Dave that we once again "take it outside"!!! This time we would leave the streets of Cobourg behind and head out into the nature ... The nature of hiking... and why not, we need to get a little time out on the trails as part of the next crazy phase of Dave and Andrea's excellent adventure. You will hear all about our upcoming proposed expedition soon enough. (We will be walking til our feet fall off...)

My husband David and I decided on a 2km hike as a mild introduction to an activity my fella introduced me to quite sometime ago... we are talking hiking people.
Picture it... Northumberland Hills Forest...
The trail was to be the Orange trail... low and behold it was a wee bit overgrown with poison ivy and as much as I love a good hike, unless we hang glide no one was going to get out of this one unscathed... It was nothing but Poison Ivy!

Plan B

I thought perhaps the blue trail that I believe is frequented more often offered a wider path and less chance of dancing with the Ivy.
..Nope....

Plan C

Didn't really have one... not a worry however, we found a wide sandy logging road by the look of it and really... every road has to go somewhere... or does it? Hhhmmm.

Plan D
Keep walking... smile a lot and tell a good anecdote periodically so no one smells uncertainty or fear...

Plan E
Keep walking...just keep walking... Keep smiling, smiling smiling, just keep smiling....

Plan F
Ask the wanna-be motorcross champion dude with the nice threads for directions...he's fast, he's loud,he's well dressed...
... but then again so am I...

Nice fella, the Dave's give him the questions but this boy is definitely lost.. in more ways than one if you get what I am saying. We pressed on ...

So much for the 2k hike. I think our route was closer to 4.5km and I am happy to say we were all in good spirits and "our man Dave" was doing great and handling our debacle like a pro. We got one cool cucumber on our hands and that's a good thing/ Next years 100km "oops" make that 600 km hike should be a breeze...

Its all in the training people...
Trainer Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment