Friday, July 2, 2010

Wasn't that a party....

With , a tear in my eye, and many fond memories another fledgling is "air borne" and our man Dave is a free man. Free from this trainers ever so watchful eye and blistering inquisitions... "what did you have for dinner last night Dave ?"
Endless days and nights of interviews with Dave's family and friends hoping to catch any and all of them in a story and get the real truth about "What was really for dinner last night... I mean really for dinner..."

Afternoons stalking our man Dave as he meanders aisle by aisle through the Metro trying to escape my stealthy glances into his cart. Is ihis cart full of vegies and lean chicken breast, bananas and the like... lert's sneak a peak...

Gone are my motivational speeches and heart to hearts. Just to set the record straight when I called him "Mr. delicate" it was really only out of concern...Honest!
And I do apologize ...somewhat for calling him "a little girl" maybe more than once... it slipped...but I never called him that more than 10 times ...I swear!

Oh the memories of watching that sweaty guy just begging for mercy,,, Please, Please make it stop..the pain." I am maudlin with the memories....

Stop!!! I'm getting misty just replaying this last year of the "no cop out challenge" in my mind...

As Dave sets off on his new active life as a much slimmer and trimmer Dave, I feel our time together has been an overwhelming success on all fronts.

1. Dave did infact lose his 100 pounds... 107.2 to be exact
2. Dave and friends did infact walk 100 km as our training goal over this year has grown to include.
3. Dave by weeks end I am certain will have in fact raised an overwhelming $18,000 + for the Northumberland Hills Hospital Fund and I think the crash cart goal will also be met.

4 As well as most importantly, my friend Dave has a new lease on life and is challenging himself on his next mountain range of goals and experiences he would like to conquer.
Dave is no longer a big man with trouble on the horizon with regards to his health. Dave is in as much control as active adult and taken action on keeping and bettering his quality of life as he ages and not the reverse.

Dave is a good lesson to all of us. A lesson about drive, determination, and follow through.

As Dave's trainer I am so very proud of him and look forward to further opportunities to take his training in whatever direction or ambition Dave has.

A for me...I will await my next protege and continue to welcome everyone here to Bodilogix to a wonderful supportive family who understands what it is to make the change.

Cheers Dave,
See ya tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. No one told me there would be fotune cookies on this site! COOOOL!

    ReplyDelete